Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Prime Day delivers a 60% increase in profits for Amazon sellers [Feedvisor data]
Jul 12, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Amazon says one merchant, Furbo Dog Camera, generated 500 times its normal daily sales during the Prime Day event.
- Key notes on optimizing for voice search: Conversation, content and context
Jul 12, 2017 by Jim Yu
Voice search is growing in popularity, yet many search marketers still don’t have a plan for it. Columnist Jim Yu discusses the state of voice search and provides some tips for marketers looking to the future.
- AMP for Advanced SEOs: SMX Advanced insights
Jul 12, 2017 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge summarizes a session from the recent SMX Advanced conference on Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
- Attack of the clones: Here’s a script to fight duplicated ads
Jul 12, 2017 by Daniel Gilbert
Duplicate ads can make it difficult to properly manage your AdWords campaigns, but finding duplicate ads in a large account can be nearly impossible. Luckily, thanks to columnist Daniel Gilbert, there’s a script for that.
- How marketers can finally bring the ‘personal’ to personalization
Jul 12, 2017 by Peter Cassidy
Contributor Peter Cassidy believes the intelligence and automation of machine learning can arm marketers with the ability to connect with consumers on a personal level.
- Prime Day 2017 was Amazon’s biggest sales day ever
Jul 12, 2017 by Matt McGee
Summer shopping event also gives Amazon its biggest one-day growth in Prime memberships.
- Google enables YouTube remarketing audiences for RLSA to retarget video viewers in search
Jul 12, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The option expands data sharing between the two channels.
- No such thing as a free launch: A launch marketing checklist for multilocation businesses
Jul 12, 2017 by Megan Hannay
Launching in a new city can be rewarding… or a massive flop. Columnist Megan Hannay outlines tips to help you build trust with your new audience and turn a potentially lackluster launch into a successful one.
- How the QVC/HSN merger illuminates the future of omnichannel shopping
Jul 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
That future depends on what kind of shopping experience customers want.
- Google bars AdSense publishers from using pop-under ads
Jul 11, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Google ads also may not be served in pop-unders or pop-ups.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
General Internet Marketing